This version is dated November 2018
Marija Ristic is the data controller and is responsible for personal data collected via this Website, as set out below. Your Personal Data will be collected and processed in accordance with applicable laws that regulate data protection and privacy.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Your Personal Data may be obtained in various ways, for example, if you:
- subscribe to Jelena’s mailing list to receive newsletters and other email communications from us;
- contact us to raise a query or issue in relation to this Website; or
- agree to provide your personal data in response to a survey or when entering a competition
The type of personal information we collect includes your name, email address, home (or work) address, phone number and other information relating to you personally which you choose to provide.
This Website uses ‘cookies’. This means that information about your use of the Website (for example, the URL you came from, your browser type and the pages of the Website that were viewed during your visit) may be collected by the data controller. For more information on how this is done, please see the section headed ‘Cookies’ below.
Use of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide you with access to the Website;
- to maintain and improve the Website;
- to send you email communications where you have consented to this by subscribing to the mailing list. lf you wish to update your Personal Data or opt-out of receiving such communications please get in touch at the address shown in the Contact section below;
- to record and analyze results when you to take part in a survey or research; and
- other purposes that you otherwise expressly consent to from time to time.
Disclosing Personal Data to Third Parties
Please note that if you are under 16 years of age and use this Website, you must get your parent or legal guardian to consent before you provide your details to us.
Security to Protect Personal Data
Appropriate security measures are utilized on the Website to protect your Personal Data from being accessed by unauthorized persons and accidental loss, destruction, and damage. All reasonable steps are taken to protect Personal Data from external threats. However, please be aware that there are always inherent risks in sending information by public networks or using public computers and a 100% guarantee of the security of data disclosed or transmitted over public networks cannot be given.
The criteria used for the retention of data are based on the purposes for which your Personal Data is held as well as legislative obligations and guidance issued by relevant regulatory authorities. The data controller will hold on to your Personal Data if required by law for tax or accounting purposes. In relation to direct marketing purposes, your Personal Data will be held for as long as is reasonable in line with applicable law and guidance issued by competent regulatory authorities in relevant territories. Your Personal Data will be deleted when it is no longer need.
By using this Website, you consent to use of “cookies” and similar technologies that can track your activity. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by the Website’s web server to a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox) on the computer or device you use to access this Website. These enable the server to collect information about your device and browsing activity.
The use of some of these cookies is not strictly necessary for this Website to work but it should help provide you with a better browsing experience. Cookies can be deleted or blocked through changing your web browser settings, however, some features of the Website may not work as intended and you may not be able to access parts of the Website. The cookie-related information will not be used for identification of individuals personally and data relating to usage patterns on the Website is kept under the control of the data controller. These cookies will be used for the following purposes:
- to improve Website usability;
- your device or computer is remembered between successive visits; and
- to perform anonymous statistical analysis to improve the functionality of the Website or any services offered through the Website.
The Website also makes use of Google Analytics to store information that you send to the server when using the Website. This information includes your device’s IP address, geolocation, pages viewed, and documents uploaded, modified or deleted. The Website also uses Google AdWords online advertising program and Google Remarketing technology to advertise online and make adverts more relevant.
For more information about Google Analytics and its privacy practices, please see https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/2919631?hken&ref_topic=1008008.
Third Party Platforms
For European Union (EU) based visitors:
- The legal basis on which your Personal Data is processed
The data controller observes and complies with the applicable provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your Personal Data will be processed relying on one or more of the following lawful grounds under the GDPR: in order to take any pre-contract steps at your request and/or to perform contractual obligations owed to you; or, where needed to use your Personal Data for the legitimate interests of being able to promote and operate this Website, in a way that does not unduly infringe on your legal rights and freedoms; or, where you have freely provided your consent to use your Personal Data for particular purposes, such as sending of electronic marketing communications; and/or where it is needed to collect, process or hold your Personal Data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Your Personal Data Rights
Under the GDPR, you have a legal right to request information about the Personal Data that is held about you, what your Personal Data is used for and who it may be disclosed to, as well as certain other information (called a “data subject access request“). You also have the following rights, which are exercisable by making a request to the data controller in writing:
- that the data controller corrects Personal Data that held about you which is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to object to any automated processing (if applicable) of your Personal Data
- to object to continued use of your Personal Data for direct marketing; and
- that the data controller erases your Personal Data without undue delay and/or to object to and/or to restrict the use of your Personal Data for any purpose unless the data controller has a legitimate reason for continuing to hold or process that data.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights or if you have any concerns about use of your Personal Data, please get in contact using the address in the Contact section below. Please note that you may be required to provide the data controller with appropriate evidence so that your identity can be verified before a response is provided.
- International Transfers
If you have further queries or requests relating to how your Personal Data is used please contact the data controller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive or believe the data controller is processing your Personal Data other than in accordance with applicable law you can complain to the competent data protection regulatory authority in your country.